Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Youth Field Day!

On Saturday (from morning to late afternoon) my brother, my friend, and I went to a youth field day held by Lancaster County Sportsmen for Youth. They do it once a year on the first Saturday in June. Every year they rotate in between three different locations. Their were about 150 kids (ages 10-15) their, plus some parents. We were divided into groups and we went to different stations, spending a half hour at each, and lunch was provided. Anyway, we had a lot of fun and they do a great job with it, and I got to do a lot of new things!
 
Here is a list of the stations, if there is a star beside it I actually did it and if there isn't I just learned about it.
~Trapping 
~Beagles (they talked about how beagles chase rabbits for hunters, and we got to pet them...so cute!)
~Game commision (they talked about their job)
~Outdoor Safety
~Different types of Tree Stands
~Waterfowl
~Fishing*
We ate lunch☺
~Canoeing*
~Fly fishing* (we did it but not for real in the water, just in the grass)
~Trap shooting (with shotgun)*
~Archery*
~Turkey hunting
~Shooting .22 Rifle*
~Muzzleloader*
~Predators(foxes and coyotes)
 
Here are some pictures...
Waterfowl: they led us through a demo with wooden guns and blinds(the things we were camouflaged in).
 Canoeing
 Trap shooting: We shot at flying targets...I didn't do that great at this since it was my first time shooting a gun☺
 These .22 rifles were much easier to shoot...why couldn't are group have done this before the trap shooting???☺
 Shooting a muzzleloader! Poof, smoke in my face☺
This is archery, but I don't have a picture of me doing it, just my brother Seth.

2 comments:

  1. Was it a little scary shooting for the first time? I know I would have been nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shooting the shotgun for trap shooting was the hardest, and I was nervous about that a little.☺

      Delete