Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

My trip to Grenada

At the end of January I went with my dad to the YWAM base in Grenada, an island in the Caribbean. My dad taught at the discipleship training school on the character and nature of God, and I taught two mimes that they can use for ministry. I also got to see around a lot of this tiny island. We were gone for 10 days. 
Besides going just across the border of Canada (Niagara Falls) this was my first time out of the country. It was my first time to ride a big plane. It was my first time to teach a mime song. It was my first time to go snorkeling besides in a pool. It was my first time to eat the meat from a conch shell, eat passion fruit, and eat sugar cane. It was my first time to do a great many other things also! 
Going to Grenada with my dad was an amazing learning experience that holds many memories of places and people I will never forget! 

On our flight to Grenada we saw the sunset from the plane! It was gorgeous, and I loved flying.


On our first Saturday there we had some free time and so we went hiking. This flower is called sorrel, and you can make a juice/tea out of it. It's delicious.

The view from the top of the mountain we hiked up: 

The vehicle that we used most of the time to ride on the crazy roads there! (windy, up and down, animals along the road, speed bumps at any random place)

--------


We got to visit some waterfalls....

and see a mona monkey named Jack. He sat on my shoulder! :)

------

Bathway Beach where we went snorkeling. We saw many different kinds of fish, a conch shell, other shells, coral, including brain coral, and sea urchins.

-----


One of the staff on the YWAM base makes jewelry, mostly out of natural materials, and the things she makes are beautiful!

I was so sad to leave Grenada! One last look from the plane as we were leaving.

 In the U.S. once again!

It's so hard to share all that I experienced but hopefully you've gotten a little peek into my journey to Grenada and back!


3 comments:

  1. That must have been an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Selena, how fun! The pictures are beautiful--they make me want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Those are amazing pictures! So cool.

    ReplyDelete