Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa's house!

For my 13th birthday my cousin Emily and I went to my grandparents house for a couple days, together! Did did a lot of cooking, and I have a lot of pictures! Some of the highlights of the trip were our visit to MCC to knot a quilt, our visit to Michael's the craft store, and making our own cook book of foods we ate while we were there. (Plus we illustrated it!) We also watched a couple cooking episodes of Laura Calder, she cooks french meals.
I'll warn you ahead of time, this is a LOT of pictures:)
 
The whole thing I like about things we baked at Grandma's house was the simple and easy and oh so delicious!
Puff pancake! We just mixed a couple ingredients together and baked it, and the sides puffed up to form a bowl! Then we added some chopped up fruit!
Emily and I had tea every evening! Good Earth, yum!
This is Carrot and Orange soup and chicken salad sandwiches, except in special bread...a croissant.
This was the BEST openfaced sandwich ever! Toasted bread, mayonnaise, mustard, cheese, several kinds of meat, cucumber, avocado, salt, pepper!
Tart au Chocolate! (French pastry) We made the pate brisee (pie crust) and filled it with melted chocolate.(chocolate and a couple other things) PS isn't the flower beautiful! Mini carnations.
Pizza! Pizza crust is also in our recipe book.
Emily, Grandma and I
Emily, Grandpa and I, right before our special outing with Grandpa. We went to a Chinese buffet! Yum! 
 
We made such wonderful memories there!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment