Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I am thankful that hurricane Sandy did not hit us hard. It's scary to look at all the pictures in New York. Here are some pictures I took during the storm:
These our the last flowers before the storm (this picture doesn't show near there full beauty:( ) 
 This is actually a triple reflection. It was a picture taken into a window reflecting a lamp that was reflected in another window. I love how mystic it looks.
This is the same picture except with flash. Here you can see the rain drops on the window better.
I did not try to make this look like anything in particular. I was playing around with pictures of my flashlight (it was out ready for Sandy) shining on my dresser. This was just a cool angled picture. What does it look like to you? Let me know in the comments! My dad said it looked like a moon shining on the earth. And I think it looks like that also. It's amazing how just playing around with a flashlight and camera make such cool pictures. 
 I have an angel pin that I was also playing around with. I was doing shadows mostly. I love the angle in the picture above, along with the lighting (again my flashlight:))
 Can you see the angel shadow?
There are leaves all over the ground outside! That last couple days I was really restless but........
I'm glad that I had my flashlight out during hurricane Sandy to enjoy taking pictures with:)!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog, Selena!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you weren't hugely affected by the storm... neither were we. We only lost power for 20 seconds, and then it came back on. The picture of the pin is gorgeous! Oh, and I like your profile pic!

    ReplyDelete